Welcome To Animecrave Sign In or Create Free Account
SPONSORS

Airplay for AnimeCrave App?

Have ideas on how to support AC? Or want to learn how you can help AC?

Moderator: Greg

Airplay for AnimeCrave App?

Postby Mary_Greenman » August 26th, 2015, 11:31 pm

Wow, I love the fact that you guys now have mobile available! It's really amazing and well laid out and will make me more likely to add it to my audio/entertainment fees, ESPECIALLY since now I can list it with all my other subscriptions through iTunes (great touch!). I'm really, really impressed and look forward to watching more anime on my iPad.

One thing I will say, though, is that I think it would greatly be improved if you were to add air play for the video so that we can play anime through the Apple TV. I know you can airplay the ENTIRE iOS devices but I always find myself distracted when I have to keep two screens running at once plus it's not really good for the battery. So if you could create something like DramaFever did where you can Airplay from your IOS device and have that device charging/asleep while watching your show, I think that would greatly improve an already awesome service!

(OBVIOUSLY this is mainly for Apple/TV IOS devices. However, one way you could reach a lot of fans is by adding an Anime Crave app for Amazon Fire TV. I'm sure it would introduce a new slew of customers who maybe didn't even know Anime Crave existed!)
Mary_Greenman

Re: Airplay for AnimeCrave App?

Postby Bassam » August 27th, 2015, 3:58 pm

really appreciate your feedback!! Its very good to read how happy and excited you are about this :D

AirPlay and other similar features is definitely something we want to do. It will take sometime but it will happen. Some didn't think the mobile would happen, and despite barely anyone donating to help us make it happen. We were able to make it happen!

Continue to spread the word and rate us on Amazon App Store & iTunes and I'm sure eventually it will pay off and help us gain some ground!

Hope we will always have your support!
Bassam
King

Postby Mary_Greenman » September 9th, 2015, 12:36 am

Of course you guys will! I've been with you on and off since my freshman year of high school. You've bene the reliable source when it comes to legitimate anime. <3

But hey, I thought of another really cool idea. Do you think we'll be able to download episodes of our anime through the app to watch offline? I know Anime Crave is supposed to be a streaming site only, but I think it could be a cool unique tool to offer for APP only as way to entice people to download it. ^-^
Mary_Greenman

Postby Bassam » September 9th, 2015, 12:26 pm

What you say makes lots of sense as there are plenty of situations where you would want to use the option to download for offline viewing. It might be possible to make it happen within the app only, so I wont completely rule it out.

Downloads unfortunately isn't something we can do as that would be like giving you ownership of it. But if we could do it like I mentioned above then it would make a nice feature.
Bassam
King

Postby Mary_Greenman » September 9th, 2015, 10:20 pm

Right. If you offered it for download on the website, it would be illegal because of copywriter laws. If you offered it just through the app, there shouldn't be that much of an issue because technically, it would still be a video owned by AC. You'd just be able to watch it offline, within the application only.. The Amazon Video application does something similar that may work for AC.
Mary_Greenman

Postby Mary_Greenman » September 9th, 2015, 10:59 pm

Interestingly enough, I found a work around for the airplay!I Don't know if this was how it worked before, but basically if you want to airplay to an Apple TV all you have to do is tap on the airplay icon (make sure mirroring is turned off!), then tap on the device's name (in my case, family living room) and it'll start to play on your tv as long as MIRRORING is turned off.

There's no way to put the device's screen to sleep and still have the episode play but it's a good work around until the feature becomes available. ^-^ I can post a tutorial or a video later on if anyone is interested.
Mary_Greenman

Postby Bassam » September 12th, 2015, 8:16 am

Thanks for sharing your finding Mary!! That should definitely help until we make this possible.
Bassam
King

Return to Help Improve AC!