Welcome To Animecrave Sign In or Create Free Account
SPONSORS

Saiyuki reload

Do you love anime? Post here and discuss your most loved Anime's.

Moderator: Greg

Saiyuki reload

Postby Ryolk » February 26th, 2007, 3:17 am

Who here's seen Saiyuki and Saiyuki reload? I'm not going to put spoilers, so don't worry. I wanted to talk about the voices, their different in each. I was a little mad when I started watching Saiyuki reload, the voices they first had were better, these new voices suck. But there's one thing I like about the Saiyuki reload, not sure of his name, but he's the water sprite. I'm happy to see that at least this time they managed to actually do his hair the proper color!

Discuss which voices you prefer and other things about the series.
Ryolk
Forums Initiate

Postby avancamp » February 26th, 2007, 8:33 pm

Hi Ryolk! I love Saiyuki (all of them). I really do like all of the voice actors in the entire series. Being a voice actor is harder than one would think (I have met Lex Lang who currently voices Sanzo and he is GREAT) so I don't like being critical. They are doing the best that they can and as long as the stories are great, I am a happy girl!

I love the Hazel arc! I'm looking forward to reading Reload Manga 7. Also, I am excitedly awaiting the Reload Burial Arc. I want to see Sanzo taking a bath :bigwink

Oh, and the "water sprite" you mentioned. He is Sha Gojyo who is currently voiced by Tony Oliver.
avancamp
Fresh Meat

Postby Ryolk » February 27th, 2007, 9:39 am

Well I don't exactly hate the new voices, I just prefer the old ones. In my opinion, they suited the characters better.

There's more than just the two series? Are they still creating more or is the seires done?
Ryolk
Forums Initiate

Postby avancamp » February 27th, 2007, 12:10 pm

Ryolk wrote:Well I don't exactly hate the new voices, I just prefer the old ones. In my opinion, they suited the characters better.

There's more than just the two series? Are they still creating more or is the seires done?

Saiyuki, Saiyuki Requiem movie, Saiyuki Reload, Saiyuki Reload Gunlock

Saiyuki Reload Burial OVA - April 24 or 27 2007 to be released in Japan (I don't know when for the US or elsewhere).

There is an upcoming Saiyuki Gaiden manga (I think the 3rd one). Don't know when the official release date is on that one.

I don't know what is after that. Minekura is ill right now and is going to have some major surgery this summer. I'm quite sure that they will continue the story. Besides, the boys are nowhere near India yet!
avancamp
Fresh Meat

Postby Ryolk » February 28th, 2007, 4:13 am

They are no where near India yet? Damn, just how long is it going to take them? I thought at the end of the second series they should be at least near the border.
Ryolk
Forums Initiate

Postby avancamp » February 28th, 2007, 7:58 pm

Ryolk wrote:They are no where near India yet? Damn, just how long is it going to take them? I thought at the end of the second series they should be at least near the border.

Yeah, can you believe it? Talk about taking the LONG way route to India! You would think the Sanbutsushin would provide them a GPS! :lol:

p.s. I love your avatar of Seras Victoria of Hellsing (another anime I love)!!! You should check out the Hellsing OVA on AC if you haven't already!
avancamp
Fresh Meat

Postby Ryolk » March 2nd, 2007, 8:42 am

Lol.

I don't even know what a OVA is. ^^;
Ryolk
Forums Initiate

Postby Curt » March 2nd, 2007, 8:45 am

Ryolk wrote:Lol.

I don't even know what a OVA is. ^^;

Original Video Animation: - An OVA is an anime that was produced specifically for sale on video (as opposed to TV release). OVA series generally have fewer episodes but higher animation quality than TV anime series.
Curt
Knight

Postby Ryolk » March 3rd, 2007, 3:16 am

Makes sense, thanks.
Ryolk
Forums Initiate

Return to Anime Nation!