Welcome To Animecrave Sign In or Create Free Account
SPONSORS

what anime u watch right now?

Do you love anime? Post here and discuss your most loved Anime's.

Moderator: Greg

Postby Curt » October 7th, 2006, 10:44 am

More of a boredom review then anything else... Regardless, its still a review.

This anime covers the first 8 volumes of the 21 volume manga of the same name. So there is no real ending, but a Evangelion-esque ending. That said, the characters are likelable, the comedy is well done and it's overall very enjoyable. Main characters Yukino and Arima are model students who reveal/discover their true selves during their relationship. For those that do not have access to the manga, I recommend stop watching somewhere in the middle before they move on to side character plots which runs the rest of the way.

Animation:
This anime had no budget, which became very apparent from episode 19 and on. Many frames are taken straight from the manga.

Sound:
Voice acting for the main characters are well done and I like the ED, but nothing special and Sena Rika's voice was plain wretched.

Story:
The story in the manga is excellent and deserves a 10, but as this anime only runs till volume 8/21, and skips the complete resolution of the male lead's psychological problems.. anyway the anime is very funny (more so than the manga) and the plot is enjoyable.

Characters:
Yukino carrys the anime by herself. Since the anime doesn't run long enough to cover the full developments of the side characters and Arima, but the parts shown are well done nevertheless. Frankly, if Yukino was the only character the anime had, I would still give a 10 because yukino is that interesting, likeable and fun-to-watch a character.

Value:
The production value is poor, but had interesting ways of getting the anime out (such as drawings straight from the manga cut out and jiggles over a live action background). The major disadvantage is the incompleteness

Enjoyment:
I enjoyed this anime alot. It included the best part (the first part) of the manga so avoided much of the over done traumatic past stuff. Add the additional comedy, a very enjoyable watch.

Overall a great anime based on a great manga series. KKNJ's complex and dynamic characters allow it not only to succeed as a great love-romance story, but as a hilarious comedy. The animation is sketchy, and takes advantage of its manga origins. The main downside of this series is its decreased budget as you approach the final episodes. Too many time absorbing still shots, and a non-existent ending, leave a few things to be desired with this otherwise great series. However, the problem with the ending is easy enough to solve...just go read the manga once you are done. Overall KKNJ is a good watch for aspiring romance/comedy fanz!

Verdict:8.0/10(Even with all its flaws, the storyline and characters propel this to the top of its class. Some may find the lack of ending frustrating and dismaying, and they will take it down a notch or two.)
Last edited by Curt on October 7th, 2006, 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Curt
Knight

Postby Sahar » October 7th, 2006, 10:49 am

Good review, I agree it's just terrible how the story doesn't seem to be going anywhere, but it's really funny and you might like it nsk so give it a try if you want =P
Sahar
Legendary Knight

Postby kwenlu » October 7th, 2006, 11:33 am

i just finished watching Air. it was alright. id say it was over rated what with i heard people saying about it.
*is now dling Trinity Blood*
kwenlu
Level 1 Guard

Postby nsk1982 » October 7th, 2006, 11:25 pm

I'll let you know how the anime goes Sahar. I am hoping it is good otherwise it would end up being a waste of time and money, lol.

Sahar wrote:You should watch His and Her Circumstances!! It's really good, and really funny =P I've read the manga, still am, but so far it's great, but I think it lacks a good plot but that's just my opinion, I don't know how the anime is, hopefully it's good too =P
nsk1982
Alpha Soldiers

Postby dunno » October 15th, 2006, 1:58 pm

I am watching
sailor moon, which is a bit repetitive
pretear
fruits basket
love hina
and i want to watch scrapped princess
dunno
Level 2 Apprentice

Postby Sahar » October 15th, 2006, 2:44 pm

Have you seen Witch Hunter Robin? Because you should, it's great! ^_^
Sahar
Legendary Knight

Postby Mejdi » October 15th, 2006, 4:57 pm

SCRAPPED PRINCESS IS GONNA BE UPDATED ON MONDAY!! WOHOOO!!
Mejdi

Postby dunno » October 16th, 2006, 2:14 am

What is witch hunter robin about/like?
dunno
Level 2 Apprentice

Postby Susu06 » October 16th, 2006, 3:18 am

I Luv Witch Hunter Robin, it was really good, You should check it out.

Heres the Plot-
Witches are individuals with special powers like ESP, telekinesis, mind control, etc. (not the typical hogwart and newt potions). Robin, a craft user, arrives from Italy to Japan to work for an organization named STN Japan Division (STN-J) as a replacement for one of STN-J's witch hunters who was recently killed. Unlike other divisions of STN, STN-J tries to capture the witches alive in order to learn why and how they became witches in the first place.
Susu06
Legendary Master

Postby dunno » October 16th, 2006, 3:54 am

I will.It sounds really interesting, thanks
dunno
Level 2 Apprentice

Postby saya_and_hagi_4ever » October 8th, 2007, 2:14 pm

Lets see........ um here's just a few

Naruto
Inu Yasha
Bleach
Blood +
Ghost in the Shell
and there's quite a few more that i just can't remember right now.

Oh. And if you don't mind i have a recomendation. You should really try watching Blood +. It's really great.
saya_and_hagi_4ever
Forums Enthusiast

Postby TessL1981 » November 7th, 2007, 9:07 pm

Hmm.....Bleach, Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok, Aoi Yoshi Enshi, The Story of Saiunkoku, School Rumble, and Hell Girl.
TessL1981
Forums Initiate

Postby Ezethrell » November 8th, 2007, 4:22 pm

Naruto Shippuuden
Azumanga Daioh
Death Note (on Adult Swim, ive already seen every episode in japanese)
Naruto (same as Death Note except on Toonami)
Dual Parallel Trouble Adventure (until someone can tell me where to find episodes 11-13 i will never take it off my watch list until i finish it)

dat about wraps it up for now...
Ezethrell

Postby Steve » November 13th, 2007, 8:16 am

I've just finished watching Bebop. Annnd, think I'm gonna watch Tokyo Underground next, 'cause it looks awesome, although I'm not too sure. I'm open to suggestions?

Also, need to catch all the new episodes of Bleach, think I'll wait a few more weeks then watch them all at once.
Steve
Knight

Postby KeKe » November 14th, 2007, 2:37 pm

ghost hunt im watching, rurouni kenshin im reading the manga, and i need to finish abut 50 others >.<
KeKe

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Nation!