Welcome To Animecrave Sign In or Create Free Account
SPONSORS

HELP! I am new to this site and movies won't load...

Have questions, problems, or comments on Anime Crave? Post here and talk with anime crave staff members.

Moderator: Greg

HELP! I am new to this site and movies won't load...

Postby Dakopachi » October 15th, 2006, 11:18 am

Hi there ev'ry1,

I am very new to this site and just sign up as a member not a few hours ago. I've been trying all I can to load (following all the suggestions on media help page) yet the windows media player on the page just keeps on saying ' opening media' and then turned to 'ready'. I've search for some info in the forums as well but nothing that I haven't already tried. Now it leaves me wondering if the problem is with my system in general. Here's info about the system I'm currently using:
Player: WMP 9
Browser: IE v. 6
Internet connection: about 450 kbps

Do you think my system is too outdated to play the video? I'm not new to watching anime online and have done so with guba, youtube, KAF etc and have not had a problem.

I've also tried using Netscape v. 7 but still the same result. Please some1 help me! Thanks a bunch :D
Dakopachi

Postby Mejdi » October 15th, 2006, 1:32 pm

I don't really know but you can try to go on www.windowsmediaplayer.com and downloading WMP 10 or 11.. even though I'm not sure if WMP 9 doesnt work on the anime or not. Always a possibility it's the anime alone but that's why it's good to mention what didn't work. Unless all of them don't work.
Mejdi

Postby Bassam » October 15th, 2006, 2:02 pm

Do not download 11, download only 10 as 11 has Bugs since its a Beta version.
Bassam
King

Postby Dakopachi » October 15th, 2006, 5:09 pm

Bassam wrote:Do not download 11, download only 10 as 11 has Bugs since its a Beta version.

Unfortunately, I can't dl wmp 10 or 11 as my OS is not compatible with any of these players. The highest I can go is with WMP 9. So far, I haven't tried watching anything else, I've just tried to load episodes of case closed. I tried 3 episodes, but none worked. I've also tried it using Netscape 7, not working either. I'm open to any more suggestions. I just joined this site, really excited at the prospect of watching animes that are not offered on other sites and I've paid for this. So pls if anyone have any idea... Thanks to all those who tried to help, I appreciate it. :D
Dakopachi

Postby Bassam » October 15th, 2006, 6:56 pm

Hi,

Can you message me on BassamAnimeC via AIM.com, I will try to work with you and see what the problem is.
Bassam
King

Postby Dakopachi » October 15th, 2006, 8:41 pm

Thx Bassam for trying to help but I don't use AIM and not familiar with it. Can we try chatting on this site using AC Chat? I haven't use it before but I should be able to figure it out. Either that, if you are willing or currently using, you can msg me using MSN Messenger.
Dakopachi

Postby Curt » October 15th, 2006, 8:46 pm

Come in chat now... Both me, and Bassam are there.
Curt
Knight

Return to Help