Welcome To Animecrave Sign In or Create Free Account
SPONSORS

An idea...

Have ideas on how to support AC? Or want to learn how you can help AC?

Moderator: Greg

An idea...

Postby Jyemenai » July 12th, 2007, 11:13 pm

... I'm new, so don't shoot.

I came across this site while bored and was like "Hey... I can watch anime!" And then... the $5/month thing showed.. and I was like "Well.. still a lot... -Takes out calculator- About 1860 episodes a month for 5 bucks.." -Geek- BUUUT... I was wondering...

... What if you put up a system where someone could view one episode for only .25 cents? For people like me, I'm new and I wanna "test out" AC before I fully commit to the whole $5 thing. Who knows? I may only watch a few episodes a month, which would be a total waste of my five bucks.

Is a .25/episode thing logical? Or just something a n00b like me likes to blurt out? <.<
Jyemenai

Postby Dann » July 18th, 2007, 8:26 pm

the 25cents idea shows me that you are very cheap. Now im not exactly trying to pick on you but seriously. its 5$ a month for a very very wide range of anime. As for there being some episodes to be available as test runs, its might appear on AC in the future. Take my word for it. If u sign up, you wil not be dissappointed...
Dann
Knight

Postby Jyemenai » July 18th, 2007, 8:39 pm

LOL! I think I did the math wrong anyway, but I was just trying to get a number out of my head to make it sound better to me.

But, realisticly, would such an option work? In the long run, if someone decided to really pay for each episode, it'd actually result in more money if they watch more than 5 bucks worth. For hard-core watchers, the 5 would most definetly work better for them, but for me -- starting college soon, and I doubt I'd even be able to watch as many as I wan to -- the pay-per-episode option sounds like something i'd end up doing... a lot.

EDIT: Wow... I thought there was another message, too. But yes, I am cheap. x_X Have to admit it. However, I do believe the $5 would be put to very good use, for the site and me. I'll more than likely end up signing up anyways. There's Card Captors, Sailor Moon, and plenty of stuff I wanna check out...
Jyemenai

Postby kurpi » July 18th, 2007, 9:05 pm

I have an idea. Take that 25 cents and stick it up your !$!. It'll probably be more pleasing than watching one episode of an anime for that much.

Or you could just kill yourself and leave the 25 cents to me. I have many ideas for that 25 cents. Ohhh boy.
kurpi
Princess

Postby Jyemenai » July 19th, 2007, 5:26 am

... Wow. Thanks for the suggestion. That quarter feels really nice up there. Maybe I can add some more. :roll:

Anyways, I was merely stating the idea because I know I'm not the only cheap person in the world. If such a thing isn't a good idea, all that needed to be said was that it wasn't, not that I need to invest in a quarter-sized dildo.

The pay-per-episode thing was one idea. A cheap trial run of AC would be cool, too. Basically, what I'm really trying to suggest is a way to see if that when new members join up, we won't feel as if we wish we hadn't. I know five dollars is not a lot, but a quick trial of AC would be pretty good, too.

And please... if you're going to make stupid !$! replies... don't.
Jyemenai

Postby kurpi » July 19th, 2007, 10:36 am

And if you're going to make stupid !$! ideas.. don't. D:

It goes both ways kiddo.
kurpi
Princess

Postby Curt » July 19th, 2007, 12:47 pm

All sarcasm aside, if you like streaming media that hosts over a thousand anime episodes, then your not going to need a trial period to decide whether or not you invested your 5$ in the right site. Although we may have something of the sort in the future, I suggest you subscribe whenever you have the time, because the AC 'Trial Period' may not become an option for quite some time.
Curt
Knight

Postby Jyemenai » July 19th, 2007, 3:19 pm

Curt wrote:All sarcasm aside, if you like streaming media that hosts over a thousand anime episodes, then your not going to need a trial period to decide whether or not you invested your 5$ in the right site. Although we may have something of the sort in the future, I suggest you subscribe whenever you have the time, because the AC 'Trial Period' may not become an option for quite some time.

AC seems great, so I'll end up joining soon anyways. Got a few friends I need to tell about it, too. Thankyou for the response.

If someone could lock this, that'd be appreciated, too.
Jyemenai

Return to Help Improve AC!