Welcome To Animecrave Sign In or Create Free Account
SPONSORS

Display of information in user profiles.. 8/29/2011 Poll

Any downtime or server problems will posted here. We will also post any special announcements here.

Moderator: Greg

Display of information in user profiles.. 8/29/2011 Poll

Postby Bassam » August 29th, 2011, 2:04 pm

For this poll we basically want to know what all your thoughts are towards how we are now using tabs to display members information in profiles. Some may feel that it makes it a lot more work to read information.

So we want to see what you think & perhaps even get ideas from you guys!
Bassam
King

Postby KeKe » August 29th, 2011, 5:27 pm

First off, new layout of everything looks great, profiles included.

The nly issue I have with them is it is too cumbersom to view the relavant information about someone. When you look at a profile first off you look for a few things. Primarily is it a boy or girl, age, where they are from and perhaps whatever they have to say about themselves as if can give a good indication of their character, and then perhaps their real name.
Currently you have to go to the profile and click three different tabs to view this information. in todays fast paced internets, that is a huge amount of clicks to view pretty much no information.

Previously all you had to do was open a profile and there it was. Which is what a profile should be.

I suggest merging the Bio Info and Location information to something like this:

Ranking:
D.o.B: 2020-20-20
Member Since: Thursday the 20th o October, 2020 (fix the typo in the field anyway, instead of "of" you have o)

Bio:
Whatever I want to say about myself.

~~~~

The members local time while... nice? is pointless, who cares? Only thing it is good for isif you want to know why someone isn't online, oh... its like 4 AM for them... again, who cares?

I would also have this as the default tab and allow the contact tab to remain unchanged
KeKe

Profiles

Postby jscutler » September 2nd, 2011, 8:56 pm

I tend to agree with KeKe, As an adult. When I get involved in a conversation with someone in the chat room, some of the conversations can be rated PG. I prefer to know at a glance whom and what age I am talking to.
Also, as fast as everyone is typing now-a-days, I fall behind when I have to navigate through a profile. I'm behind in the times, can't type 300 words per minute. :oops: LOL
jscutler

Postby KeKe » September 4th, 2011, 11:07 am

EWWWWWWW!!!! the color changes to the forum rom that hard to read greyish color was a good idea, i was going to mention it but this yellow is... fugly and clashes with the rest of the site. Not to mention is hard to read for me. (my monitor does colors different than most PC monitors)

if it looks fine on normal copmuter monitors then by al means it is fine, but to me it looks teribad. the stars for new posts are fine, the names and page numbers are... ick. I'd rather have them be hot pink than what they are now lol.
KeKe

Postby Bassam » September 4th, 2011, 4:22 pm

I'm surprised to see so many people not care as to which way it goes... But as for the forum its one of those things that is still in the works, not yet finalized.
Bassam
King

Postby KeKe » September 6th, 2011, 9:49 pm

well, green is better for sure but.... still fugly imo. (i don't like green lol)
KeKe

Postby jscutler » September 7th, 2011, 9:30 pm

As far as the color goes, well, um, it's er, kinda interesting, well, as far as puke green goes. It's like a 70's car color. Orange would be good. Besides, I've already had to live through the puke green era once. LOL.
The other features on the site are easy to use and functional. I like it! Awsome job!
jscutler

Postby Bassam » September 13th, 2011, 11:24 am

I know this topic is about the poll but since this was brought up, I think Ryan finalized the forum now... Is it to both your liking now?
Bassam
King

Return to Announcements