Welcome To Animecrave Sign In or Create Free Account
SPONSORS

Videos down!

Any downtime or server problems will posted here. We will also post any special announcements here.

Moderator: Greg

Videos down!

Postby Stephanie » April 12th, 2011, 12:53 pm

Hello AC Members,

At this time all videos on the website are not working, We are working with the hosting company to have this problem sorted out. We apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused to everyone! We will update you here with status on the servers. Sorry about this.

Stephanie and The AC Staff
Stephanie
Queen

Postby Stephanie » April 12th, 2011, 4:10 pm

Hey Guys I have another update,
It appears that there is an error with the billing that our hosting provider has with their data center. We are truly sorry about this, its completely out of our hands. We been talking to them all day & our hosting provider said they expect to have things back up tonight. Once again we truly apologize for this and we appreciate your patients and support.

Thanks
Stephanie and AC Staff
Stephanie
Queen

Postby Stephanie » April 13th, 2011, 6:15 pm

Another update for everyone, it appear that our hosting company isn't able to come to agreements with the data center. They are in the progress of negotiations with them to have all theirs customers (which we are one of them) hosted directly under them (the date center). We honestly can't believe whats going on as this is just insane. No estimate has been given to how long these negotiations will take. Once again we do apologize & we are hopeful that it wont be too much longer now.

Also not to cause any alarm, but we want to assure everyone that should anything go wrong with these negotiations. We would find a new hosting provider that operates their own data center. We have been with our current hosting provider for over 5 years nothing like this has ever happened. We are trying to avoid finding a new hosting provider at this time as re-uploading all AC's anime episodes would take a lot of time to do. We never imagined we would ever be in a situation like this, but we always made sure we have backups.
Stephanie
Queen

Postby Stephanie » April 14th, 2011, 7:36 pm

Seems the data center refused to take the customers directly under them. I then attempted to call the data center demanding to have our data. They said that we would have to deal with our hosting provider (their customer) as they cannot deal with us. We explained to them that it doesn't seem like our hosting provider has any control over the matter. They informed us that we can in fact get our data if the hsoting provider requests it.. We then called our hosting provider to have them get our data instead of trying to find ways for us to continue services through either one of them!

As we stated yesterday we do have backups, however if we were able to transfer the data out of our existing servers it would be better. One of the main reason is that would be able to move data quicker. As we mentioned before If we ended up uploading our self it would take longer. This is the only thing that has made us wait this long. At this time there are still some signs of hope of getting our data, so lets hope & pray we will not have to reupload everything our selves!
Stephanie
Queen

Postby Stephanie » April 15th, 2011, 10:15 pm

I apologize to those who had replied to this topic, it was suppose to be locked for updates only.

To answer the questions that some of you had, we will definitely reimburse our members for this downtime.

As for todays update, the hosting company said that the data center will not release any data until their debt is paid. Of course we are out raged with this & we will definitely seek legal help. While in the process of trying to seek help I was contacted back by someone from the data center. They asked me to create an account with them & that they will try to help us. Unfortunately this person left before we could finish, my only worry is that they will not get back to us until Monday. We are truly at a loss with words as we know many of you depend on us and count on us. We understand many of you have already been waiting for 4 days now, and we are truly sorry if we have let you down. We ask that you bare with us a little while longer.

Also if anyone wishes to comment on the situation please feel free to do so in the help forum. I have to keep this topic strictly for news on this.
Stephanie
Queen

Postby Stephanie » April 18th, 2011, 5:59 pm

We should finally be back online tomorrow! After a week of downtime...

We were informed today that we will be directly receiving service under them. They said that it should be completed tonight or tomorrow morning. We will make another announcement once videos are back online. Once again we appreciate all your patients & support.
Stephanie
Queen

Postby Stephanie » April 19th, 2011, 4:24 pm

Finally some good news!! First thing that came to mind when the videos came back online was, I have never been so happy to hear the intro!

I'm sure many of you who were tired of hearing the intro are feeling the same exact way!

The videos are officially back online & you can all watch to your hearts desire!

Unfortunately this didn't come without extra cost as dealing directly with the data center doesn't get us as good of a deal. We will be looking into online backup as an extra security measure. However online backups for such a large amount of data will be costy as it would need its own server with a lot of space on it!

We are still working on the new AC for everyone & we are sure it will make you all very happy. We appreciate all the great feedback & support that we received from so many of you. I do have a request from everyone though, please engage with the website, staff & members. It helps us feel better about all the hard work we do & gets us feedback that we really do need from time to time!
Stephanie
Queen

Return to Announcements