Welcome To Animecrave Sign In or Create Free Account
SPONSORS

Japanese and English?!?!

Any downtime or server problems will posted here. We will also post any special announcements here.

Moderator: Greg

Postby Bassam » June 7th, 2007, 12:16 am

Missed you to Susu!! Lots.. Maybe things will return to the way they were for a bit now.
Bassam
King

Postby Susu06 » June 7th, 2007, 7:22 pm

I missed u too Gundam, and i will be on more, cause i have more time.
Susu06
Legendary Master

Postby Sahar » June 7th, 2007, 8:04 pm

That's good to know ^^
Sahar
Legendary Knight

Postby Kagome1982 » June 8th, 2007, 3:01 pm

Sweet!! That will be so nice to be able to chose to watch an anime in either English or Japanese, cause I myself perfer dubbed anime just because it's easier for me and sometimes I'm too lazy to read subtitles..lol, but I also don't mind subbed anime, cause I agree that some anime is better subbed then dubbed....like Boys Over Flowers for example. To me Tsukasa just sounded way too much like a little boy in the dubbed version, whereas in the subbed version he sounds more manly. I looove the subbed version of Boys Over Flowers..hehe. But, yeah, this will be nice, cause this way everyone will be happy now. =^_^= Great work guys! You do such an awesome job and I always like seeing the new things that come here. OH YES!!! Cool beans about Black Cat coming to AnimeCrave!!! I've been wanting to see it, but it's so hard to get a hold of it, so it will be so great to have it here on AC. Ok, now that I've typed a whole thingy long enough to be a story, I'll end...LOL!!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK GUYS!!! :megahug
Kagome1982
Soldier

Postby Camander_Bun_Bun » June 8th, 2007, 6:24 pm

Mmm yea but think about all that server space and time to redo everything o.0 oy vei

P.S. Nice sig kagome
Camander_Bun_Bun
Master Apprentice

Postby Kagome1982 » June 8th, 2007, 7:07 pm

Yeah that's true, but if anything we could give it a try for a while and see how it goes and if it gets to be a problem they could just stop. Uno..*Shrugs*

And thank ya..Tamakins made it for me. It's one of my favs from her. =^_^=
Kagome1982
Soldier

Postby KawaiiAnime209087 » June 12th, 2007, 11:36 am

*Cries* Sniffle Sniffle...Omg!!! I am sooo happy!!! Eeek! I thought it'd never be japanese too...I've watched sooo much anime in japanese (Kodocha, PoT, etc) that I feel like there talking it english because the subs go through my head...

When I watch it in english I look down for the subtitles but there not there lol! EEEKKK!!! Are you going to put on episodes like Karin, Ouran High School Host Club and that stuff? Go Karin!
KawaiiAnime209087
Level 2 Guard

Postby Kaze-Yaida » June 14th, 2007, 8:55 pm

AWSOME, :megahug

althought i wish i could help even slightly...kinda feel sryr for all the xtra work, especcially wiht all the anime yet to be finished
Kaze-Yaida
Fresh Meat

Postby will08 » June 15th, 2007, 7:06 am

Ok i dont mean to sound like a dick but the only reason why anyone would join AC live would be for the dubbs not subbs. Why? because u can get subbs anywhere for free the only good thing about us getting it here would be because you can stream it with good quality video and loading time. Besides that you can download this stuff subbed anywhere and can stream much of anything subbed on youtube. I just wanted to let you guys in AC LIVE know that instead of doing all that work on adding the subbs on anime ppl have already probably watched you guys should just add new dubbed anime or take a break.
will08
Forums Initiate

Postby Curt » June 15th, 2007, 2:28 pm

Youtubes quality is shit, no other site can really compare to this sites streaming visuals-- with that being said, Subbed media is by far more popular then dubbed. Although it'll be quite a bit more work for the admin, in the grand scheme of things it will increase this sites Live! member base by a very large margin. Anyways, point being, sure you can argue that subbed media is easy to come by, but the thing is-- who really cares? As long as it serves a purpose within this site(a rather good one at that), then that's all that really matters. Being the steadfast admin that Bassam is, he would much rather deal with the agitation of uploading both qualities and watching his site grow exponentially, rather then blissfully ignoring popular demand. As a final note, you over-estimate people, you'de be surprised how many thousands are incapable of using subbed media sites, and some of them dont even know they exist, period.
Curt
Knight

Postby Camander_Bun_Bun » June 15th, 2007, 8:25 pm

Thats true...things like torrents and stuff are usually a great way to find the anime *yes I know Curt you hate it but still I use it ^^ * and I have people telling me "Oh I don't do torrents..I just cant figure it out" When really all you do is get something like Bitcomet and then click a link....It opens and starts dling automatically! Also this site is nice because you don't have to search...you know exactly what to find on here and you know you will be able to get good quality all the time and that even if there is a problem it will get fixed immediatly...Car Insurance companies can't even boast such performance ratings =D
Camander_Bun_Bun
Master Apprentice

Postby Kaze-Yaida » June 17th, 2007, 6:31 am

as much as i hate to break commander's little speech, i TRIED torrent files, EVER torrent player broke for me.

also been told a good number of torrent files arnt legal, so i have 0 interest in pushing it for that reason.
Kaze-Yaida
Fresh Meat

Postby Curt » June 17th, 2007, 6:58 am

They only broke because you where trying to torrent media without seeders. D:

Also, i'll tip you in on a little something. Almost every single Anime media site is illegal, but it's not something your going to get in trouble for, as the DMCA is much more targeted towards shutting down that particular site, rather then stopping one individual from using it.
Curt
Knight

Happy Lesson Japanese

Postby Caledar » June 17th, 2007, 4:27 pm

I can't wait til you get the Japanese Version of Happy Lesson up cos the voice acting in the English version is for the most part pretty crappy. It sounds liuke they just rounded up a bunch of locals from a nearby cafe and had them do the dubbing instead of using the more experienced actors. Though i must say that after several viewings you do get used it, I'd still rather have the subbed version.[/i]
Caledar

Postby Camander_Bun_Bun » June 17th, 2007, 5:50 pm

Thats the way with a lot of dubs is after the first few eps it's like meh whatever cause your used to it. And actually they recently declared that individual users will not be prosecuted for torrenting or anything that they are only going for the main sites
Camander_Bun_Bun
Master Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements