Welcome To Animecrave Sign In or Create Free Account
SPONSORS

Anime Crave shutting down..

Any downtime or server problems will posted here. We will also post any special announcements here.

Moderator: Greg

Postby Bassam » June 30th, 2019, 10:32 pm

Dear Anime Crave members,

It is with extreme sadness and sorrow that we inform you that Anime Crave will be closed by the end of the month. It’s been a long journey we all have spent together, and we truly appreciate all the support many have given us.

We have been running this site for about 15 years now and we know many of you have relied on us for a long time. We wished the legacy would have lasted much longer. But unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. We hope we will be part of your future good memories.

Some of you might be wondering why this is happening, so we feel we owe you an explanation. For a long time Anime Crave has not been able to be self-sufficient and we can no longer support it ourselves. Our time over the years has also been limited.

Once again we appreciate all your support through the years!
Bassam
King

Re: Anime Crave shutting down..

Postby Colony08 » July 1st, 2019, 11:17 am

Please tell me it is not true Bassam, how much does it cost to run it a month? I will donate to keep it running if I have too. I cannot fathom this site going under, I just cannot it has been my source of comfort for so long now. I have been a loyal member of anime crave since January 1st, 2008 at 12:04 a.m. I cannot believe it..
Colony08
Forums Enthusiast

Postby anthonyscott » July 2nd, 2019, 10:59 pm

man this can not be true I love this site. I have been coming here for ever it feels

had to look at that to realize just how long I have been using this site. if there is something I can do to help keep it up please let me know I am with Colony08 on this. I really did not know it was doing poorly I was always hoping you were doing good in keeping it up since I had not heard anything at all and kept seeing more anime getting updated.
anthonyscott
Fresh Meat

Postby Satinavian » July 4th, 2019, 1:35 am

Sorry to hear that.

I had a good time and am very thankful for the time and effort you put into this site.

I wish you good luck with your future projects.
Satinavian

Postby Bassam » July 19th, 2019, 11:34 am

We tried to make HQ require live, it didn't make much of a difference. Made that announcement on facebook, its been the hardest thing we have had to do in our entire life right now. I'm truly going to miss it...

We never even watched anime outside Anime Crave, now we will have to...

.. I had this sitting on my browser and forgot to submit it. Sorry for the delay in responding.
Bassam
King

Postby Colony08 » July 19th, 2019, 2:54 pm

I am still in much disbelief that it is still happening, I cannot believe it. I am going to be so lost without Anime Crave. I will probably slowly start purchasing dvd boxsets from all the anime I have ever watched on anime crave, it will take a lot of time & funds to purchase every single dvd boxset, in addition I will most likely just download the anime that I want to watch from now on, as it would be safer then going to some shit virus having site. I am just, yeah. What day is Anime Crave actually shutting down?? So I can actually prepare for it.
Colony08
Forums Enthusiast

Postby dezzy_rocker » July 21st, 2019, 6:48 pm

Yo this actually kills me inside. This was the website that I first started watching anime on back in 6th grade. I just graduated high school, and for the site to shut down now, guh that kills me :(((
I remember staying up way too late to watch Sailormoon and Inuyasha, and I remember the annoying ads and the animecrave logo sound starting up.
A piece of my childhood is about to disappear.
Rest In Peace
dezzy_rocker

Postby Colony08 » July 22nd, 2019, 2:25 pm

it is unfortunate dezzy rocker, that you watched basic anime, & did not get to watch unique anime while this site still has a big library full of great anime. I am just watching my favorites until the site shuts down. I took photos of my profile & other parts of the site as momentos also I used all or most of my points to get a t shirt & a pop socket even though I never use those things, I just want to have as many memories as I can, before the site shuts down.
Colony08
Forums Enthusiast

Postby anthonyscott » July 22nd, 2019, 8:33 pm

yes there really is so many great and unique anime on this site I constantly would come back and watch many of them over and over again. I am not even sure where I am going to find some of them now either. especially since I am so terrible at remembering all the names of them all. if there was a way to save this site I would do all I could to do so. both bassam and stephanie have been so great to us for a many of years now and they are part of a family that is here on this site.

all things at some point must come to an end unfortunately, I still remember when this site started so long ago had only a hand full of anime one being ah my goddess which I was watching at the time. I have been a member since that time as you can see by my profile. thank you graciously for all the great work you have done over this past many years and please try to keep in touch. if need be I can give those that would like my e-mail in a PM. if not i will understand too.
anthonyscott
Fresh Meat

Postby Purrhiss » July 24th, 2019, 10:35 am

i will donate money.
Purrhiss

Return to Announcements